I had a couple Treats CDI's that I always hated using because it was such a pain in the ass to change the timing since the hole in the flywheel was so small. After some work I solved that problem.
I took off the protective cover and pulled out the magnets. One of them shattered. But it was actually broken before I took off the shield. It cracked some how before and would rub the stator so I was unable to use it anyway. I took two of them apart and was able to make one good one.
After I got the magnets out I soaked them in MEK for 6 hours until the glue just washed off.
I used JBWeld to reattach the magnets.
In the end its 4.25 oz lighter, it has much more clearance inside for the stator, and you can change the timing much easier.
Post a Comment